Skip to main content

Excuses 101


Welcome! I see you are late, but bop bop bop bop bop before you say anything, let me teach you what to say and how to say. So welcome to a class that you have been missing out on all your life, and a class that you will cherish all your life. Thankfully, all this information will be available online, so you do not need to pay attention (or keep telling yourself that). Welcome to ‘Excuses 101’.

Firstly, please help yourself to a seat. The back rows are already filled out, so maybe you could try sitting in the front… right under my nose. Attendance for this class will not be taken, because frankly, I am not putting myself through the torture of learning how to pronounce all of your names and also it’s hard work.

Next, why must you sit for this class? Because it is compulsory? No. Because you enjoy learning extra stuff? No. Because you are secretly in love with me? Ye…pfffff NO! You must sit for this class because it teaches you the essential life skill of cooking up lies to give excuses for actions you promised/ had to do, and you either forgot or just didn’t feel like it. I get it, man! We are all lazy human beings. Trust me, I went to heaven and I saw that it was completely empty. You know why? Cause all the human beings were being tortured in hell because of their sin: sloth. Do you know what the torture was? They had to work in retail. Forever.

Now my dearest students, unless you are blind or a dimwit or both, you would have noticed that what I basically did, was give you all an excuse for why you must attend my class, which shall teach you the proficiency of life, and is based on the sole pillar of truth: lie with an alibi. See? I did it again! Another excuse. Basically, put your bag down, cause by now you must have realized that I am good, and I know it.

Alright so first of all, you do not need to memorize multiple excuses for multiple scenarios. You simply need some generic responses for all questions, which should meet two criteria.
1.      There should be no physical evidence, so that people are not able to check up on that.
2.      It should be weird/ disgusting enough, so that people don’t want to check up on that.

Some example excuses: My contacts dried out. Legit enough right? What great thing could a blind person possibly do? You are forgetting Beethoven… and Helen Keller. Correction: What simple mundane task could you possibly do while being blind? The way people follow up on this is by usually asking about your specs. Remember, you had conveniently misplaced those things.

Bonus: Now you can work slowly the entire day because you are basically blind right now, and you get to entertain yourself by fooling the fools who ask you how many fingers they are holding up.
Added bonus: This excuse can be used by people who do not wear contacts or specs also.
Another example excuse: I had a splitting head-ache. No physical evidence right? Bom Bom! That’s a point for you, and zero for opponent.
Now, special scenario question: “Are you ticklish?” How do you answer this?
“Are you ticklish” is a loaded question. If you say no, they will test it. If you say yes, they will test it. So what is the correct answer? Give me some drumrolls!!! Some firecrackers!! Some straight As in my report card! Okay, so none of those things are going to happen. What is going to happen though, is that you shall now know that correct answer to “Are you ticklish?”, which is, “I have diarrhoea”.

In fact, if you think about it, “I have diarrhoea” is the best response to multiple other scenarios also.
“Why are you late to class?” – I have diarrhoea
“Why did you break up with Lex?” – got diarrhoea babes
“Why are you so skinny?” – cause diarrhoea
“Why haven’t you cleaned your room?” – Diarrhoeaaaaaa
“Where do you get your sense of humour? – DIAR… no wait. That would be coping mechanism.

Anyway… Which ever road you decide to tread, remember to remember which excuse you used. Your contacts can’t be getting dried up every other day, and you cant have diarrhoea every Sunday to skip Church. Mix it up a bit, alright? Sometimes go with “I have constipation”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women’s Guide to Picking Up Men

Firstly, Athena is, as usual, helping me edit- by adding useless commentaries on an article with content as important as this one. They look like this. And they are not useless. I call them insightful . Do you start blushing whenever that cute guy from calculus class, Lex, who sits three desks diagonally away from you asks to borrow a pen from you? Does your heart beat get faster when your dentist removes his medical mask to reveal his highly symmetrical face, with cheekbones so sharp you might cut yourself on them? Do you worry about embarrassing yourself whenever you are dancing in a club with your guy and gal friends, knowing well that you have two left feet? Do you feel like your mind has gone blank, while you are in the middle of an exam that you started to prepare for on the way to the exam-hall, and co-incidentally the invigilator is smoking hot? Well; blushing, rapid heart-beats, worrying about embarrassing oneself, and mind going blank are all symptoms o

Guide to Awkward Conversations

We have all been confronted with situations where we were forced to make conversation or create dialogue and in a majority of such scenarios, at some point or the other it ends up in an awkward silence. Be it a family function where you are forced to interact with relatives whom you have never met in your life, or be it at a bar where you meet a hot person whom you are trying to impress, or be it at university or school where you are forced to make acquaintances as you require partners for the upcoming group projects, or be it at your work environment where you are required to establish a good relationship with your colleagues as your work performance and salary depends on it.   However hard we try, how much ever effort we put in the conversation; awkward silence soon finds its way in. This awkward silence hangs in the air, with none of the parties knowing how to proceed. Tension brews, as the parties nervously flash each other smiles; while their eyes try to d

Thread of Throughts

I have been thinking about having a blog for about a good fifteen minutes now, and contemporary to every girl in the world with a best friend, I shared my desire to have my own creative medium to express my thoughts with her, seven minutes into the initiation of the idea, and on the eighth minute it was accepted, and thus, we both have been non-legally bonded for seven full minutes and are hereby starting our own blog. The usual ‘I am Lira… and I am Athena. And we are… the Hessenheffers’ introduction doesn't quite suit us, partly because we are not Hessenheffers, and partly because she has no idea where the quote is from, and hence I have been banned from using that as our introduction in this blog.  Yes, I agree, she did not have a childhood. But, oh well, I wouldn’t have a best friend if it wasn’t for her, so I guess we are equal. As I said, we are not legally bonded for this blog, and neither were we legally bonded in the last seven years. So it completely beats me, as to